Sunday, November 23, 2014

Prophecy Israel Restored.



Here are 3 prophecies in the Bible that I've heard some Christians using as evidence of fulfilled prophecy:

Isaiah 43:5-6 "Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, `Give them up!' and to the south, Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth...

Zechariah 8:7-8 This is what the Lord Almighty says: "I will save my people from the countries of the east and the west. I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be my people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God."

Amos 9:14-15 14 and I will bring my people Israel back from exile. "They will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. 15 I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the LORD your God.

Basically, the argument for a fulfilled prophecy from these verses is that the Jews were exiled from their native land several times throughout history first starting around 6 century BCE. Since then the Jews were never able to establish a sovereign nation in their native land until a mass migration of Jews from other countries occurred after WWII, in the year of 1948 - prophecy fulfilled!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment